Sunday, April 10, 2011
Gluten Free Fluffy Biscuits
(Yield: 8 large biscuits)
1 c. brown rice flour
1c. corn starch*
1tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1tsp. xanthan gum
¼ c. butter-1/2 Stick* (chilled in the freezer)
½ c. water
½ Tbsp. cider vinegar*
1 egg, beaten (or the equivalent amount of your favorite egg replacement)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
3. Grate the butter into the flour using the small holed side of a box grater. Mix the butter into the flour so that there are no large balls of grated butter.
4. Add the milk, water, vinegar and beaten egg to the flour and stir until the dry and liquid ingredients are combined.
5. Using a large spoon, drop the dough onto a greased pan to make 8 biscuits. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
*adapted for Gluten Free Cooking School
We were very happy with the result and will make these again! Good Luck!